The East Meets West Festival is an annual festival that celebrates the cultural diversity of Morrisville through food, music and performing arts. Expected attendance is 3,000 people.
Food vendors are required to secure a Temporary Food Establishment Permit through Wake County Environmental Services which is included in the entry fee. The Morrisville Innovation Foundation will be submitting all Temporary Food Establishment permits to Wake County on behalf of all participating restaurants. Payment for food items purchased at the booth must be through the festival’s ticket system. 1 ticket = 1 dollar. CASH IS NOT ALLOWED TO BE EXCHANGED. Restaurants will turn in their tickets at the end of the festival to be counted. Restaurants receive $0.75 cents to every dollar sold and the Morrisville Innovation Foundation receives $0.25. Participants will receive payout within five (5) business days of September 23,
Restaurants will turn in their tickets at the end of the festival to be counted. Restaurants receive $0.75 cents to every dollar sold and the Morrisville Innovation Foundation receives $0.25. Participants will receive payout within five (5) business days of September 23, 2017, via a check in the mail. No vendor shall have an exclusive on cuisine or food items being sold.
Steps for Application (application on back of this page)
- Fill out business and contact information on the form below in its entirety, or download the PDDFversion of the application located here.
- Be sure to describe your signature item.
- Qualifying applicants will be accepted based on the festival’s mission and availability of space.
Submission of an application does not guarantee acceptance. Those applicants chosen to participate in the festival will receive confirmation from the Chamber within 5 business days of application submission. Payment in full is due no later than August 7.
The application fee is $100. This includes:
- Temporary Food Establishment Fee
- 1 outlet for electricity (additional outlets are $25 each and must be reserved by August 14)
- 1 – 10×10 tent space – branded tents are not permitted
- 1 – 6 foot banquet size table
- 2 chairs
East Meets West is held rain or shine. In case of lightning, the festival will be cancelled. There are no refunds for inclement weather. If a restaurant cancels participation prior to August 7, a full refund will be granted.
No refunds will be granted after August 7.
Responsibilities of Vendor
- Provide plates, plastic silverware, napkins, and ice required to prep, hold and serve food
- Provide necessary equipment to keep food at proper temperatures to pass inspection
- Provide any infrastructure necessary including but not limited to extra tables and chairs to run booth (outside of items listed above)
- Provide staff for your booth for the entire length of the festival
- Provide delivery and pick-up of all equipment at own expense – Detailed information of set-up, tear down and other general guidelines will be provided to chosen applicants by the beginning of September
- Provide a written menu to be displayed at your booth with food options and corresponding ticket prices. 3,000 attendees are expected, so please plan accordingly. We suggest serving 2-3 different signature menu options in small portions at your booth (not full plates or complete meals)
Rules and Regulations of the Festival
- Beer and wine will be sold only by the Festival in the designated beverage tent
- Food samples must be paid for with official East Meets West tickets.
- No vendor can sell water, sodas, alcohol, or any other beverage.
Vendors selling beer, wine, soda, water or any other beverages and/or accepting cash for food will be immediately removed from the premises with no refund issued.
Under these conditions, the vendors agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Morrisville Innovation Foundation, the Morrisville Chamber of Commerce, its consultants, and the Town of Morrisville from any and all liability for damage, injury or loss to any person or goods for any reason. The restaurant is solely responsible for their booth space and booth operation.